Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Behind the Scenes Shooting Another TV Show


Pssst! Going to jail, buying documents, and everything else it takes to get this kind of info for the blog takes time and money! Every time you make a purchase here, it helps me be able to do more for you! 


I've been pretty busy this week....

Behind the scenes as TV crew puts it all together

...another TV crew came to town!

That's cinematographer Jacin Buchanan making me look good. And soundman Brian Sepowitz getting the microphone just perfect.  We feasted at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe first, so they were in a good mood! (Hey, keeping the crew happy is the First Rule of Television--I knew Mrs. White's would do the trick!)

Now, does this look like a happy crew?!
They are such professionals I thought I was on a Spielberg set. Jacin revealed one of my favorite videographers is his mentor. (I would love to give this artist a plug here, but he told me he's publicity shy so I've gotta respect that.)  I mentioned his name and Jacin's eyes sparkled. I knew I was in good hands when Jacin declared, "I'll go him one better!" Indeed, the lighting turned out soft and lovely, the framed shot dimensional.

And the sound flawless. Engineered by Brian to eliminate all rustles, no external traffic noise was allowed to infiltrate the set. I expect to sound like I exist in richly tapestried Vatican chambers! Or maybe get a chance to takeover Kathleen Turner's voiceover gigs? Alas, if only Brian would follow me everywhere to make me sound so good.

Do you notice how each of these photos is perfectly framed with interesting context and dynamism? This isn't due to cropping or any other photo chicanery--it's all because ace director Chip Selby snapped these photos and used his director's eye to create a story in each picture, even though all he had to use was a cellphone.  Finally, we got him to step in front of the camera...
Chip Selby standing, left, oversaw a seamless TV shoot
Chip got the best work out of me and made it feel easy. His enthusiasm for the story and the show quickly swept me in so I could leave my nerves behind.  I admired how deftly he guided me.

It's too soon to tell you what the show is but I can tell you it's national and they flew in from out of state. Today they are shooting scenes in the desert. After that, out of Arizona and off to more adventures!

I'll post more pictures as we get closer to air date....oh! When I know the air date, I'll post that, too! Of course, I'll post the name of the show, too!

To Chip, Jacin, and Brian- So glad to meet you and be placed in your care. I learned something from each of you. What a pleasure!

UPDATE: This show has aired! For a bit of video, info about the case, and how to find out when it's airing next, click here!

Why not check out a lot of writers at once? After you read Story #8, come back to this blog for an update on the story!
17 different writers take you all over the world of crime in this new anthology...
Here's the Kindle version--




Pssst! Going to jail, buying documents, and everything else it takes to get this kind of info for the blog takes time and money! Every time you make a purchase here, it helps me be able to do more for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment