Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Camille at Phoenix Best Fest

One hundred years ago, the territory of Arizona gained statehood. It must have been a love affair between the gristled desert dwellers and the luminous republic of freedom, because they sealed the deal on Valentine's Day.   The official one hundredth birthday of the State of Arizona then, is Feb 14, 2012.

I am delighted to be a part of the big celebration!  I'll be speaking at Best Fest Phoenix on Saturday, Feb 11 at 2 pm.
True Crime authors Camille Kimball and Kerrie Droban share a laugh
Or should I say, "2 or thereabouts?!"  I'll be in the "Storyteller's Tent" and the line up looks like something I've never been part of before! Not talks, not speeches, not presentations, but "storytelling." Not entirely sure how this works.  Looks like just before me is my old friend cartoonist Steve Benson, Laurie Roberts and E.J. Montini, also from The Republic. And just after me are athletes Anthony Robles, wrestler from ASU, and Luis Gonzalez, um, some kind of baseball player.

Did I just say that????!!! It's GONZO!  Yes, that Luis Gonzalez! Of the 2001 World Series winning Diamondbacks!

Can't believe I'm sharing a stage with such esteemed personages.  Good thing I'll have my true crime colleague by my side, author Kerrie Droban. Does she speak just before me or just after me? I'm not sure! The whole thing will be one wild west adventure.
File:Gunfight at the OK Corral.jpg
Arizona stories personify the "Wild West"

Please come join us, at the west end of Wesley Bolin Plaza. If you come to downtown Phoenix and head west on Washington you will begin to see all the fuss at least by the time you hit 15th Avenue.  More details here http://www.az100years.org/arizona-best-fest-series/
For more about "storytelling" click here: http://finearts.southmountaincc.edu/Programs/Storytelling/





(click on a title below to buy)
Camille Kimball's books:
                 **A Sudden Shot** as seen on TV!
Coming soon: Masters of True Crime-Chilling Stories of Murder and the Macabre

Thoughts on this or any article at this site? To the next person whose comment I use for a post I will send a free signed book!  (If you post as "anonymous" for convenience, try to include an identifying website or name in your remark so no one else can claim your prize!)  For an example, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment