Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Facing Marjorie Orbin For the First Time

Pssst! Going to jail, buying documents, and everything else it takes to get this kind of info for the blog takes time and money! Every time you make a purchase here, it helps me be able to do more for you! 

WHAT'S IT LIKE TO MEET A KILLER FACE TO FACE? 

"Our voices reverberated in the all consuming presence of metal in the stall, making our voices both shrill and muffled...."

FROM THE INTRODUCTION TO "MARJORIE ORBIN & ME: THE RAW JAIL TAPES"

  "For months I had sat behind Marjorie as she faced a parade of evidence and witnesses, gruesome and blistering. Although she and I had often been no more than normal conversational distance from one another, we had never spoken a word. Similar to the gritty Durango Jail, the genteel courtrooms in downtown Phoenix are also plastered with signs warning of the grim fallout of trying to communicate with a defendant in custody.  She knew I was there, watching her life picked apart to the most minute and unflattering detail, but we had not so much as nodded our heads at each other.


"Today I would finally introduce myself to her.


"Even to the most exemplary citizen of pristine reputation, meeting a professional author who intends to write about your life whether you like it or not would be a disconcerting experience. I knew this. And it made me nervous. What attitude would Marjorie reveal to me regarding my work? I am a veteran journalist but, even so, the thought of a woman capable of taking an electric saw to the father of her child, a man guilty in her eyes of nothing more than being both sexually unsatisfactory to her and irritatingly alive, the thought of such a person becoming angry at me ran shivers up and down my spine and made my breathing quick and shallow..."

GET IT NOW



Pssst! Going to jail, buying documents, and everything else it takes to get this kind of info for the blog takes time and money! Every time you make a purchase here, it helps me be able to do more for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment